Monday, June 19, 2017

Happy Father's Day


Sunday, Father's Day, Church...we almost forgot...what time is it..8:30, where is the nearest town.  Weaverville is 23 miles, if we hurry we can make the 9:30 service .  9:31 we pull into an empty parking lot and see the sign that says  10:30 service (that is one commen thing we find is that churches Websites are not current). That is OK now we have plenty of time.  What can we do to make ourselves late....hmmm cruise around the town (it is such a cute town and I did not take a picture.  You must go yourselves to see.  Well it was a Baptist Church and very friendly, all 50 of them.  A nice sermon weaving all the gospels into the story of Jesus time on the cross.  Lots of singing including "The Old Rugged Cross", John's favorite.  Also included a. Free Father's Day gift, picture below, how nice is that! 
 Where to see deer, at church of course, we wandered to the back of the parking lot to see the lumber mill and 2 deer popped out of the bushes. This is how the kids would get Dad's money; we would be at random places and they would say "will you give me $5 if I see a deer" and out of the blue deer would appear.  OK I charged my iPad and got wi-fi at the bucks inside Topsy's super food store, when I was checking out this guy says "where is your husband?"   Coming from church I said "I, don't have one".  The checker was beside herself because she new this guy and he is married.  I asked her if she new him and she said yes, she had thought he was a nice guy and she goes on to tell me he is married.  I tell her yes, I have known his wife since 5th grade.  This is Jim White, Debi's husband, the day we got to Redding she went to see her Dad in Chula Vista for Father's Day.  LOL, poor Ruth (the cashier) she did recover. But this was not planned we were just going this way and this is not the town they live in so it was just a nice surprise.  Jim also connected us with a great rafting company for today's (Monday) adventure.
 
You know your old when your carry 2 beach chairs and some young kid asks you if you need help!
 
What a find, this is a swimming hole that Debi took us to 4 years ago, we found it but there was a bunch of teenagers with their boom box so we kept on walking, well hiking, going through bushes actually.  Then there it was a black sand beach...beautiful, quiet, only us, it really was a blessing.  We had our books, chairs and cold water, what else do you need.  We read for a couple of hours and enjoyed the peace and quiet, the water is clean and clear but from the snow pack a little bit chilly.  
 
Don't look at my messy kitchen...Dad is making tacos for Father's Day Dinner and texting with the kids.  Not to worry, I did all the other stuff but everyone knows John makes the best shells.  They were really good too!
 
OK, one last photo story.  While I was in the store to get only jelly ( I forgot my good Bonne Maman Jelly, the best). I passed by the ice cream freezer and this ice cream called my name.  Polite as I am and it was on sale and we had root beer, and it was Father's Day, and I had chocolate syrup in the motor home already, how could I resist.  I am trying to John to eat healthier, does this count?  Everything has that high fructose corn syrup, one conversation with Alice Mosher and you will cut that right out of your diet.  Read your labels folks (no charge for the tip).  That is how much I love you. Have a wonderful week and I pray that God will show you your black sand beach in the midst of chaos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment