Thursday, June 22, 2017

My favorite hike

 Oregon road side rests have "Free" coffee and tourist information.
And lots of people hanging around,more for the coffee than info.   We are in Salem and looking for a place to golf before heading to the Columbia River on the Oregon/Washington border.  
 
Just a little "hike" in Salem, it started out chilly and bad but ended up warm and fair (golf that is). The view from our kitchen.  So we are in Fred Meyer (kinda like the commissary, food, clothing, home goods). And John says "Berry Pie". Now our motor home is filled with food, we need nothing, but I have to say the Berrry Pie was tempting..so I didn't use my Mother voice and say "Put that back" I smiled and he brought the pie.  When we get to the motor home I see it is a apple strudel pie, what, what is that?  I thought you were getting a berry pie, you tricked me.  Now he has a whole pie to hisself.  So I made home made Carmel corn (first time) it was ok, a little burned maybe but tasty and you kept busy hunting for all the uncooked kernels.  
 Very green, it was fun to get out and stretch our legs, John tells me we have driven over 1,000 miles.  We just crossed the 45th Parellel.  That is a lot of miles..we may not make Canada, lake Louise is a 2 day drive from Washington and we could only get 2 days .  It is Canada's 150th year celebration of their National Parks and entry is free, I guess with their dollar being so bad everyone is camping.  Glacier, Cascades, Idaho all look pretty good.  We may duck into Canada for a lake or 2. California has some stepping up to do!  This goes with the roadside rest, not sure how to move pictures around, just happy I can get pictures.  Oh I struggles yesterday the airdrop function was not working on the ipad....I did everything people said in the forums, finally a soft boot fixed it, but it was scarey. 
Can you see my golf ball?  Is this a fixed object?  Imagine trying to decorate that bad boy.  We miss everyone especially Joshua and Julia, today to Grandma Day, our day to spoil them.  We will see them in Oregon at the reunion.  Take Care Dear Friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment