Sunday, July 9, 2017

You can stay anywhere you want in 100 degree weather

       We are out of the Cascades heading east on highway 
20 across Northern Washington.  We have had 2 drops of rain in our entire trip through Oregon and Washington.  Isn't it suppose to be cold and damp...We stopped in a little town called Winthrop and it is almost 100 degrees, sticky HOT.  


  
The town has been refurbished from the 1800's down to the wooden sidewalks.  Very quaint unique shops.  Who doesn't need a saddle or rooster shovel, sure we have room in the motor home, honey you can sleep outside, remember we brought the tent.
 I hope they get good reception!    I asked in town how come it was so big, now mind you I was in Omak Donald's. (The McDonald's in Omak WA ) I was told to deflect the sun so the grass doesn't go brown????  I don't know if I am that gullible..what do you think.  Well we planned on staying at Walmart because we needed to shop and we were between destinations.  Not all Walmarts allow camping, but when it is 100 degrees we could have stayed anywhere.  Actually it was a pretty big newer town.  We ate at Pizza Hut (too Hot for this camper to cook) and had ice cream at McDonalds.  There was a JC Penny and Safeway too. Coming up on Sunday, hope I can get phone service so we can scout out a Church.  If anyone is still with us, Bless you Hearts!  
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Feelin' blessed! May there be cell reception and a wal-mart wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know what you have until you don't have it, especially phone service. Over 10 days this trip cell less.... but there is always a Walmart!!!!

      Delete